John A. Conte, Jr., joined Rubenstein, Meyerson, Fox, Mancinelli, Conte & Bern, PA. as a partner in 2007. He has extensive experience in the general practice areas of wills, trusts and estate law, land use and land use litigation, civil litigation, municipal law, real estate and commercial transactions. He is widely known throughout the region for his commitment to his clients and expertise in these areas of the law, and has earned the prestigious Martindale Hubbell Rating of “AV” indicating that peer attorneys rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Conte was a partner at a well-known firm based in Glen Rock, New Jersey, where he maintained a successful practice focusing on transactional law, trust and estate law, and general litigation. From 1985 to 1999, he practiced as a full partner at a succession of firms based in Saddle Brook, New Jersey. During that time, he also practiced with his father, John A. Conte, who was later appointed to the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County in June of 1991.
Mr. Conte presently serves as Judge of the Oakland Municipal Court, the Attorney for the Zoning Board of Adjustment for the Borough of Norwood and as the Planning Board Attorney for the Borough of Elmwood Park. From 2001 to 2003, he served as Planning Board Attorney for the Township of Saddle Brook. He served as Township Attorney for the Township of Mahwah and Prosecutor for the Boroughs of Oakland and Norwood. For many years, he worked as a Public Defender in the Township of Saddle Brook and the Boroughs of Elmwood Park and Oakland, New Jersey. He is admitted to the practice of law in the State of New Jersey as well as the United States District Court, for the District of New Jersey and the Circuit Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Mr. Conte was previously certified for five years by the National Hockey League Players Association as a player agent and has represented professional and amateur hockey players since 1988. He has also handled several litigation matters involving professional and amateur athletes, and served as General Counsel to the Eastern Junior Hockey League.
John is a graduate of Don Bosco Preparatory High School (1977), in Ramsey, New Jersey, where he was inducted into the school Hall of Fame in October, 2011.
- Business Law
- Commercial Lending
- Commercial and Estate Litigation
- Construction Law
- Municipal Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate & Land Use Law
- Superstorm Sandy Litigation
- Wills, Trust & Estate Law
Blog Articles by John A. Conte, Jr.:
- Prince Didn’t Have a Will, You Should!
- You and Your Land – Do You Need a Variance?
- New Regulations Impact Residential Real Estate in New Jersey
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. AV Preeminent is a rating issued by Martindale-Hubbell. Information on the criteria to be selected as a AV rated attorney can be found here.
John A. Conte, Jr. in Brief:
- Seton Hall University (B.A. 1981)
- Seton Hall University Law School (J.D. 1984)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court of the District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- New Jersey Institute of Local Government Attorneys
Current Municipal Appointments
- Attorney for the Planning Board, Borough of Elmwood Park
- Attorney for the Zoning Board of Adjustment, Borough of Norwood
- Judge, Oakland Municipal Court
Honors / Awards
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Rated
- (201) Magazine Top Lawyer, Civil Litigation, Zoning, Planning & Land Use, 2013
- Presenter, Navigating Open Public Meeting Law Compliance Issues, National Business Institute (NBI), December 2015.
- Presenter, Consumer Fraud Act Compliance for New Jersey Home Improvement Contractors, October 2012
- Frequent Speaker at New Jersey Real Estate Offices on the Correct Way to Prepare a Contract